View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean, is there even a reason to call this "pointing fingers" anymore? We all know who wants an album and who doesn't. They know and they pretty much all just admitted it, even Stevie herself. Sure, they can change their minds, they have a million times before in the past. But at this present time, this is what we're faced with as a fan base and it's clear where the blame lies.

At this rate I'd wager Stevie was simply talking out of her ass about wanting Christine back in the band at this point, given I think she was just about ready to call it a day and now suddenly she can't without looking like the wicked witch of the west who put an abrupt end to the Holy Five-Piece reunion. She just simply never, ever thought it would happen where Christine would change her mind. Now things are different. The band is fully whole again and she's now faced with more demand for the Mac than ever, something that can't sit well with her so the band was faced with; A) Pocket off the sudden demand for the Rumours era of the Mac or B) Take an extended hiatus from tour exhaustion and watch the demand slowly fade away. With the momentum they received upon Christine's return, they would've been extremely foolish to not make their move then and there with how fickle the industry is in times like these.

Sure, there has always been this kind of diva/childish/holier-than-thou behavior from at least somebody in the band but given the circumstances; Christine's return, their ages, John's cancer, you'd think they'd have (excuse my language) grown the **** up and just get on with it before someone drops dead from natural or unnatural causes. Let's face it; nobody wants to see a fragile Mick, Lindsey or wheelchair bound Stevie barely keeping rhythm and holding notes anymore for 2 and a half hours. They need to keep trucking until the sun sets because let's face it, it's setting pretty fast at this rate and they're simply running out of time. They are not youngsters anymore who can spend a decade toying about with solo projects while treating each other like pieces of crap and bickering back and forth about the future of the band. They need to work out the finality of this band before it's too late. However, if they want to go out looking like idiots who can't get along for more than 2 months to finish a studio album and would rather 'play pretend' on stage for the rest of their lives, that's on them. They should at least have the dignity of going out like a class act instead of a bunch of emotionally fragile individuals.

Rant over. Just sick of this drama. What was once entertaining has grown very tiresome and annoying.

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 05-25-2015 at 05:39 AM..