View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an article on Lane Moore] the Advocate

http://www.advocate.com/arts-enterta...ing-over-world

Out Entertainer Lane Moore Is Taking Over the World

The creator and host of NYC's popular Tinder Live With Lane Moore also writes for Cosmo. Did we mention her band?

BY Gina Vivinetto. May 01 2015

Moore somehow finds time to also perform in her band, It Was Romance, whose debut album, available next week on iTunes, won raves from Pitchfork. Tonight the act takes to the stage as part of New York City's zany annual Night of 1000 Stevies, a drag queen–drenched tribute to legendary Fleetwood Mac chanteuse Stevie Nicks.

Moore takes time out from her hectic schedule to chat via email with The Advocate about dating, Tinder vs. Grindr, the merits of Stevie Nicks, and more.

You're performing at tonight's Night of 1000 Stevies. Are you a Stevie Nicks fan?

Oh, I'm a huge Stevie Nicks fan. She's one of the musicians I listened to as a kid when I was training myself to hit crazy vocal notes. Ever since I can remember, I'd lock myself in my room and sing for hours and hours until I could hit every note of every song I loved. I didn't ever view it as training or practice — it was just a fun thing I did. So yeah, I feel weirdly connected to her. Very much so. She's incredible.