View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

About the new songs with Lindsey:

However none of that new music will be heard on the tour, which is a casual fan’s delight — a wall-to-wall greatest hits set.

There has been whispers about Fleetwood Mac playing 1977’s Rumours album in full, but Fleetwood notes the first time they tried that it didn’t go down so well.
“I remember we’d just finished Rumours and we thought it was so great we thought the audience would love to hear the whole album. So we played the whole album. And to tell you the truth we died a death. People didn’t know the songs. We changed that set within five days of being on the road.

but that was 1977 when people didn't know the album… they sure do now. I'm not advocating they perform the whole album in sequence, but to use the logic that 38 years ago when it was first released people didn't respond well seems totally irrelevant logic now when the whole world knows the songs.

about stopping the last tour for John's cancer treatment:

“It was a huge deal,” says Fleetwood. “All of us are gagsters, John is the gagster of gagster.

Big difference between being a gagster and being a gigster. C'mon, reporter.

McVie is also thrilled about spending an extended amount of time with Stevie Nicks again.
“A lot of people think there’s competition between us because we’re women in the same band,” she says.
“There isn’t at all. We are fantastically close. Because we’re so unalike we’re not competitive in the slightest. She is Stevie, the brand, the whole package. I’m what you would describe as a performer and she’s an artist. We differentiate between that, we respect each other for that and we have a terrific laugh together.”

Oh Chris, you are definitely an artist. Stevie is more the "performer" in the traditional sense, really.