View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Mixed feelings about Seven Wonders. It was for the most part, written by Sandy Stewart.
So that alone can make it a contender for one of the first to go on this tour.
It also has always been considered one of the worst studio vocal performances by Stevie Nicks on a Fleetwood Mac album. I know people love it, but it's not even close to an "essential" Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks song.
The arrangement on this tour sounded great but I sort of see it as a bathroom/drink break opportunity; and on this tour no song should qualify for that.

I wince when I hear it on Tango In The Night. (But I wince when I hear every Stevie Nicks song on that album). I guess for me, it's just not up to the standards of the rest of the set list -- a disposable Fleetwood Mac track, if there can be one.

The bigger mystery for me is why they cut Sara from this year's tour. Last year it was about as perfect as it's been since 1979. I loved the new arrangement and the weaving of vocals from Lindsey at the end. I think it was triumphant and I won't be surprised if it finds it's way back in the set list on the next leg overseas.

I'm not sure that the solo piano is the issue with Songbird. From a few youtube videos I heard, it sounded like Chris was really struggling with her voice at points with this song. Maybe they felt it was better to end on more of an up/energetic note.

I would vote for the return of Sara and Sad Angel. Seven Wonders can be put to bed for good as far as I'm concerned.
I enjoyed those two selections on the 2013 tour. Would also like to hear Ms. Fantasy live at some point in the future.