View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, something pretty incredible happened today. I logged in at 12 on the dot and got floor tickets in Row 17, which I was content with. (Of course, I could've paid an extra $100 to get a tour program and special laminate AND sit off to the side all the way at the back, but that didn't seem like a good purchase to me.) And in less than 2 minutes, only single seats were showing as left.

Lo and behold, 35 minutes later while trying to get two tickets in the lower tier for my parents who only like to sit on the side, guess what this girl pulls up? 2 x second row tickets, Christine's side, normal platinum price. You can bet I checked that row number over and over and over again, but it was true! So, there you have it -- never give up on a miracle.

It does highlight to me though that the ticket selling process is a complete and utter sham. Whatever happened to first in, best dressed? There is no way that the tickets I get 35 minutes after the on sale time should be infinitely better than the ones offered to me mere seconds after logging on. The whole process is designed to make people panic buy tickets that definitely are not the 'best available', which just isn't right.

But, I would definitely suggest that you don't give up!

(And if anyone knows anyone looking for Brisbane tickets, I have some very adequate ones in Row 17 that need a new home )