View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This has been brought up several times before.
Thank goodness they did this live album because they were on top of their game. It has the best live versions of Rhiannon, Over My Head, Oh Well, Say You Love Me and the ultimate live version of I'm So Afraid.

Missing is the Chain and Sisters for sure. Fireflies and One More Lonely Night are duds IMHO. Its nice to put something new but lacking production and creativity. I would like the Chain and Sisters live over these songs anyday.

Love they put some deep cuts from Tusk on the album like Over and Over. That song live translates into a completely different realm. The guitar with harmonies at the end are amazing.

I like the song Dreams and usually every live version is ok but this live version is horrible. Stevie is milking her voice sounding like an amateur. It was not recorded during the Tusk tour and they took it from a Paris sound check from the Rumours tour. I think she let the success of the song at that time go to her head and that is why she sounds the way that she does LOL

But OMG even though this album was not a huge financial success and even the band and management was against it. Mick wrote in his 1990 book that it was his idea and sort of forced everyone to make it happen. Thank goodness it happened. It really shows the difference between Fleetwood Mac in the studio and Fleetwood Mac LIVE.

Another goodie is a live version of Don't Let Me Down Again.