View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Really you have to ask??? LOL.

As far as I am concerned she seems like a bitter women who has an axe to grind with Lindsey and other members of the band so the best way to get even is to write a trashy tell all. I don't know what is worse the fact that she wrote this or the fact that she keeps saying she wrote it for abuse victims which is BS. Just look at her FB Page. From what I have seen it is is stuff related to Fm which shows how she clearly has not moved on.
My thoughts;

Well, actually I think she wrote her book because she had a story to tell.
Isn’t writing a book just one of those bucket list things to do for a very large number of people? My wife would love to write a book (whether fiction or non-fiction) but has never managed to get past the first couple of pages. I personally couldnt be bothered but I know a lot of people who'd love to pen their life story.

For most of us our lives aren't that interesting in the wider scheme of things. If something significant does happen in your life though- why not tell other people about it. CAH is (for many people) a nobody. However she spent a good six years or so as part of one of the world’s biggest bands. That was a big experience for her and obviously a time in her life that she'll look back on as a significant period (and obviously still does). She's going to have a story to tell that people are going to want to hear about so why not write about it? I'm glad to read an 'insiders' account of life for the band.

As far as having an axe to grind- I think she could have painted them all in a lot worse light if she'd really wanted to. Overall I don’t think my view of each of them is much different to how it was before I read her book. She's not that flattering towards Stevie but the picture she paints of Stevie is pretty much the image I had in my head anyway (the same for Mick, John & Christine). From what I’ve read in a number of sources none of the FM members are the nicest of people at times (though I’m sure they are all lovely most of the time). Regarding Lindsey- I believe her (and I believe Ken too).

Of course, painting it later as some sort self-help remedy for domestic abuse victims (if thats what she does) isnt sensible. Theres probably a great deal in the book that isnt accurate (no matter what she claims). Overall though, I’m inclined to believe the bulk of the salient points she makes (If a biog was too factually innaccurate surely the author wouldnt dare publish their book as they'd face the threat of legal action). I wouldnt deny her the right to write her story. I dont think she would have benefitted that much financially. I'm sure she's made a decent sum but not a huge amount.

Like most people I found her peurile writing style hard to read initially but warmed to her. I dont think she's a bad person. She was infatuated with a deeply possessive person who loved her deeply back. Rock stars don't tend to stay with a person for a considerable period of time unless it means something.

In general, I don't think she wrote this book simply to get back at Lindsey.

PS: a once beautiful, ageing woman who seeks surgery to try prolong her looks- does that make her odd, bad, freakish? or anything else? No. She comes across as a perfectly normal, sensitive, down to earth person to me.