View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow... to compare these two little gems. I'd stay with Mystery To Me, though. I think that one album with "Hypnotized" and "Emerald Eyes" in it must be close to perfection. And when you add those four Christine tunes, especially "Why", my favorite song of hers, ever... well it's just almost perfect, too.
It seems like several people consider "Why" their favorite Christine song. It's good, but she has a lot of better ones, and I like "Just Crazy Love" and "Believe Me" loads better. If you're gonna compare this one to Rumours, "The Way I Feel" is the "Oh Daddy" of the album.

However, every song of hers on Heroes is top-drawer. And although I don't judge how good a song is by it's commerciality, she just didn't have anything single-worthy on Mystery (besides Just Crazy Love). Don't get me wrong, her Mystery tracks are excellent, but there's several of hers on Heroes that I think could have been big hits. "Believe Me" and "Why" don't get jammed stuck in your head in quite the same way that "Heroes..." and "Prove Your Love" do. Am I the only one that walks around at work singing "Ahhhhh ah! Ah ah ah ah! Ahh ah ah ah ah ah ahhhhhhh?"

As far as Bob, there's no denying the perfection of "Emerald Eyes" and "Hypnotised" but you can't ask for much better pop/rock songs than "She's Changing Me" or "Silver Heels" both of which have more memorable melodies and lyrical hooks. The rest of his songs are just as good or better than the Mystery ones.