View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Yes but would FM want the final chapter to be that they were reduced to playing smaller venues or do they want to retire the "FM brand" and have "OWTS" as the final shining star in their crown. Mick is already saying that the new product may take the form of a solo record. If Mick did not care about the FM legacy why would he be saying that?
Therein lies the disconnect. I don't think Lindsey really cares about the arena rock aspect of Fleetwood Mac. I think he'd be perfectly happy playing smaller venues if it meant Fleetwood Mac would be creatively relevant.

While Mick loves being in an arena rock band, no doubt, I suspect he'd rather have Fleetwood Mac be around a few more years even if that meant not being an arena rock band anymore. If Christine, John, and Lindsey said they wanted to go back out as Fleetwood Mac, do you honestly think he'd say no to that? John always struck me as being indifferent. He just wants to play bass. The rest is what it is.

Christine is the one I can't read, and the band's future could be squarely on her shoulders. Based on what she has pretty consistently said since rejoining, I think she came out of retirement to make more new music with Fleetwood Mac. If playing smaller venues doesn't bother her, I see no reason why the band has to call it a day. If it has to be arena rock or nothing for her, then the band is pretty much over.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-25-2015 at 08:49 PM..