View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
You got that right!I was chillin' and relaxin' getting into the beauty of the song ,and then it happened - that line I mean there had to have been a better way for her to get that point across and to give the listener a visual other than to hand feed us the actual "events" in the song.I mean if she can translate highway traffic at night into "a diamond snake in a black sky",she can do anything And don't even get me started on the concert hand gestures I love the song otherwise though! http://youtu.be/hfs4F90L8aA?t=3m26s

see, I don't mind the lyrics at all.

I just hate the way she bellows that line. I know what she was going for, and that she was trying to make the line powerful and epic and tragic…. but her voice on it…..sadly fits all those negative adjectives thrown at her over the years, like "braying".

It uses a sledgehammer when I think the line would be better served a little toned down. And if her producer had pushed for another take on the word MOUUUUUUUTTTTHHHH. It's like she was using her stage style on a record, and on a song that is very intimate. Too much Ethel Merman.