View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

John said that the were like brothers and sisters. I think when they make comments like that, people write them off as if they are trying to sound loving. But I don't think they are. You don't always love your siblings or get along with them, but you can't easily get away.

Lindsey said in the SYW program that he'd shared things with FM that he hadn't shared with anyone except his family -- and sometimes he'd shared more with FM than he had with his family and he didn't say that in a cuddly, warm way necessarily. It's just fact. Good, bad or indifferent. You are saddled with these other guys. Albatross.

Exactly. I've said this before, they are like each other's crazy, pain-in-the-a$$ relatives, and often their reaction is like the "oh my god Aunt Tilly's going to be there at Christmas and I'm going to have to put up with her boring stories about her poodle" etc etc etc.

I loved Tom Petty's quote in the RS article on Stevie, where he said they get grumpy with each other when they realize they are joined at the hip and will have to keep working together-- because the truth is we are most interested in them when they are all together rather than solo. Spot on.

I think Lindsey has made his peace with this and accepted it for what it is. He still wants artistic growth for FM but he has accepted that his own personal *real* growth will come in his solo career, and that the compromise required to be in a band will mean he can't hope to reach the same levels of growth and experimentation. And he's worked thru it and come out on the side of being ok with it.

So clearly has Chris, if she ever really had a problem with it at all (which it doesn't seem she has).

Stevie, on the other hand, seems to have moved from a position of swallowing some of the sh*t required to be in a band to totally resenting it and not wanting to have to compromise at all. She got a taste of getting everything her way in her solo career and for whatever reason, justified or not, she seems to have reached a point where the benefit of the compromise (at least in the studio) is less appealing than it used to be.

How they will resolve this is the big mystery. Who will shift position enough to make it all work? Stevie seems to be throwing down the gauntlet to say "It won't be me" with all her "no one has the balls to tell me what to do" blather. How much more can LB bend for her?? How much more does she WANT him to bend? I think he's not above using the media to create impressions and send messages either, and he seems to be going out of his way to put out in the press that he's all for an album and he's open to whatever compromises that might take so that if it doesn't happen, no one can point the finger at him. He has to walk a fine line between distancing himself from her antics and pissing her off more…. until she signs on he can't give her reason to say it was all his fault.

Drama.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-04-2015 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: the censor doesn't like sh*tzu