View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That brings me around to another point as well, though. I really don't see Stevie ever being the one to pull the plug for that exact reason. She has no significant other, no children, and her parents are gone. Whether she wants to admit it or not, FM & it's larger cast of characters is her family. It's all she has. As much as she loves to carry on about Lindsey in the press, she wouldn't know what to do with herself without the FM extended family. Not to mention she thrives off the drama and excitement.
I think Stevie would have to be away from FM for awhile though before she realizes this.

I mean, I think Christine did see this, even though she has brothers, nieces and nephews. She left FM to finally be able to spend time with her family when, in reality, FM had become her de facto family. She knew this long ago when she said she was closer to Amy and Lucy than to her own blood relations, but I think she thought she could retire and form the bonds that had been neglected when she was touring so much over the decades and she couldn't. I don't mean with her brother John. She doesn't need to be near him to be tied to him, but I do think she didn't feel as close to the other family members as she thought she would, once she got off the road.

John said that the were like brothers and sisters. I think when they make comments like that, people write them off as if they are trying to sound loving. But I don't think they are. You don't always love your siblings or get along with them, but you can't easily get away.

Lindsey said in the SYW program that he'd shared things with FM that he hadn't shared with anyone except his family -- and sometimes he'd shared more with FM than he had with his family and he didn't say that in a cuddly, warm way necessarily. It's just fact. Good, bad or indifferent. You are saddled with these other guys. Albatross.

Michele