View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I agree that the band doesnt care, and i applaud you for standing up and speaking out. Patti, i have known you a very long time and to hear you outraged about this outrages me too. I know that you are geniune and care about this band and i also know that you spent a lot of time and a lot of money sitting up front back in the day. Ahhh the come days!! But back in those days we knew if we paid top dollar we got to be the person up front. Not standing there with people who paid half of what we paid .... what they are doing now sucks... fair is fair. This is just wrong. Shame on the entire band for allowing this.

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation and 5 minutes of bad press to destroy it. They need to stop this practice before it slaps them in the face.
I agree 100% with those who feel this is discriminatory. I am a 51 year old woman and huge FM fan for the past 35+ years. I have paid for the front row tickets/meet and greet with Mick during the last tour. I like to think I'm ok looking for a woman in her 50's as I modeled in my late teens and early 20's, but was I pissed when this pack of 20 nothings came running up at the start of the show and stood in front of my husband and I. Wait, I was more than pissed, I was LIVID. I assumed that paying for front row tickets, meant that I would have FRONT ROW SEATS. So, we gently pushed our way through them, and I parked myself in front of Lindsey with my hands on the stage and didn't move. I'm almost 5'10" so I could see really well, but if I had been shorter, that would have been terrible. I ended up partying with these girls, but God forbid any of them tried to take my spot- When one of them tried to take the set list, I calmly told her there were still 2 encores (how many concerts had she been to??), then my husband took the set list after the last encore. They were nice about it and asked if they could take a picture of it, which they did, and then I took one of all of them in front of the stage for them. So Lindsey was stuck with me parked in front of him for the show- I'd never really thought about that, I wonder if he was pissed?