View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Ledgie

Thank you TimeCastASpell for the thoughtful post.

You write, "But hey if people want to be upset virtually every single one of you has access to better seats and more of a chance of getting up front than me."
This is an important point and a reminder of how necessary it is to create accessible spaces.

I still find myself thinking that whether one is disabled or older or by some standard unattractive, there is a huge problem in discriminating against some people. To be in the second row and denied access is offensive.

There are some people who may prefer not to go up to the stage. But others, regardless of age, looks, etc, may find this to be a dream come true. Some of the women who were brought up to the stage in Buffalo were clearly not interested in the band. To those second row folks who wanted to go up, I'm sorry.

For me, the biggest issue is that the band denied those who purchased seats up front from going up. I remember when I arrived at my seat at 8:10, security was already blocking the entrance to the row so that people could not get out.

I hope someone from the band reads these posts. This is not the type of behavior that I would expect from Fleetwood Mac.