View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
In my mind Nirvana isn't classic rock, either. To me classic rock started in the late 1960s and ended in the mid 1980s (and I'm being generous with the end date).

In any event, I don't think Stevie has a serious chance against Tom Petty, Robert Plant, and Pink Floyd. Those guys all received widespread critical acclaim for their latest albums.
I think it's a matter of generations, you're older than some of this bands, and there's a huge generation gap between my definition of classic rock (for me it ended with the grunge movement in the early nineties and I'm born on 1991) and yours, but there's even a bigger gap from mine and that of the now teenagers and I'm not much older than them. Times are changed, everything is much faster, and for these kids that are discovering Rock now late 90's and early 2000's bands are classic.
It's the same argument that my parents had with their parents when classical and light music have been replaced by Rock music, but now music generations are alternating faster.

I'm much more preoccupied about the fact that now Rock isn't considered the music of young people anymore and it has been substituted by Rap for teens and young adults nowadays, I wonder if it means that Rock is truly dead...

By the way, realistically speaking, I'm aiming for Stevie to rank 5th.
Hypnotic eye deserves the first position, and at least not less than the top 3, but the Robert Plant album isn't so unbeatable like Pink Floyd instead, 24K gold doesn't have anything to envy to Lullaby and the ceaseless roar.

P.S. I love the improvements of the appearance of this site, now it's classier and doesn't make my eyes hurt at night!

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-07-2015 at 11:30 AM..