View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an interesting thing.

I have done a tremendous amount of work on my family tree with Ancestry.com (an amazing resource).

After seeing this question, I went on Ancestry (everything is public record) and started creating a "Nicks" tree. As you conduct your search, the site cross-references and allows you to view other family tree researchers with the same family members. There are many trees for this family. If the owner permits, you can view them.

Jess Nicks' line goes back to the 1500's in England. by the 1700's, they were in the states. That is very unusual but the research supports it. As far as any research on Barbara's family, results also show that her ancestors were rooted in this country (U.S.A.) as far back as the 1600's as well. If I strike gold on any european ancestry for Barbara I'll let you know.

It is very interesting go through this process. It is a lot of work and often very tedious. Thank God a lot of "Nicksians" already did a lot of work on the trees and allow viewing. If any of you have an account with Ancestry I recommend checking it out. Otherwise I'm busy enough working on my own family tree. It is very enjoyable though.

Hope this shed some light.

Happy New Year all.

Bob