View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I often times wonder if they wonder if they made the right choice. I mean when you're in your 20's and somewhat poor,the thought of being in a rock band sounds so glamourous.I know Stevie has said that she wouldn't change a thing but I'm not sure I totally believe her....
Well, the intention wasn't necessarily to become a BIG part of a BIG BIG BIG band in quite the way they did. It had positives and negatives for them, I think. Before "creepy fame crept in and ruined things" some things were a little simpler, lol.

-

"And there are times I wonder what would have happened if, say Stevie and I had continued on whatever path we were on, with that little cult thing going on down South." [Lindsey]

-

"Buckingham/Nicks had to bite the bullet for Fleetwood Mac, That’s a choice. We’ll never quite know exactly what would have happened if we had gone the other way… And of course, that’s the thing that Lindsey probably gets the most upset about in his heart sometimes ~ he wonders what would have happened if it had just been the two of us. … Which is not to say we don’t love Fleetwood Mac. We do. But it would have been a whole other life. Destiny would have just knocked it a whole other way." [Stevie]

-

"As long as it was a trio, it had to stay that way, as it should have,” Stevie explains. “But because Chris left, this was our only choice. And then after we started, Lindsey and I began to realize that this is why we came here in the first place. So really it’s a long way to go to come around to the beginning.”

“Yes, it’s all been an elaborate waiting game,” Lindsey adds in with a laugh. [Stevie + Lindsey]

-

"To be honest, I felt that Lindsey and I were stunning… . It was a rush, like we were being thrown back into a style of singing that was so great, that we loved, from long ago… We stopped being a duo the day we joined Fleetwood Mac. And that was great, but it was different. In the end, Christine even knew it… We always wanted to sing by ourselves, and in some ways this album is very reminiscent of that time."

'We were joking that we had to hold out 25 years to do what we really wanted to do,' he says, explaining that his one regret is they didn't collaborate in the writing. 'I want to hear what would happen if we were to go in and start working from the ground up.'" [Stevie + Lindsey]

-

I: She said this about you - first of all that she loves you to death and that you're the best of friends, and she's so happy for you and your family and wife, and she couldn't be happier. But she said this. She said that if you guys had not left San Francisco and moved to Los Angeles that you would still be together, more than likely married, but that you would still be successful. How do you feel about that?
LB: Well, that's a nice thought. I, you know, it's so hard to second guess events that have transpired and what a different road would have meant.

And a 'replay' of that idea just last year, which is even better because you get Stevie's reaction... http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...sey-proving-he

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"