View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't really know what this means. he's given no written credit on those earlier albums - he is NOT listed as a producer there. he gets no money and no credit for all the producing work he did on those albums.
I would expect that Lindsey did get some production money for Tusk, in addition to what the other band members made.

I think by the time Tusk came out and certainly while preparing for Mirage, the band, they were all crediting Lindsey a lot for their sound and their production decisions, be they good or bad.

In 1982, even John was saying to Billboard that "without Lindsey in the studio, it was difficult to continue work."

1982 was the same year that Christine said, "Dare I say this with him present? I have a lot of respect for this man; I don't really imagine anybody else being able to do what he does with my songs."

And Stevie did that whole thing about Lindsey putting the magic into her songs and she didn't know how to thank him other than going up to him and giving him 10% ... she said that in 1980. That was the same interview where she called him dragon boy.

Last edited by michelej1; 12-21-2014 at 02:18 PM..