View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Holy crap! Good catch. I never made the connection, either.
Ricky fell off my radar years ago. I completely forgot that odd obscure gem.

Wasn't this thread initially about Richard Dashut's blog? It seems it derailed and devolved into a Ledgie squabble. But anyway...I finally was able to figure out how to post a question to Richard. (I'm social media disabled).

I thanked and praised him for what he was doing, and then asked him a question about another artist he has produced - Matthew Sweet. He is sort of flies under the radar but he's great singer/songwriter/guitar player who has been around since the late eighties.

He and the fantastic and seemingly ageless Suzanna Hoffs (of the Bangles) have, thus far, released three volumes of "Under the Covers." Each volume features songs from a particular decade- the 60s, 70s and 80s. Their musical references are impeccable. The 70s album covers Second Hand News, and the 80s album covers Lindsey's solo song Trouble.

Richard produced some of his earlier albums, but had no involvement with these cover albums. Cover albums can be cringe-worth and uneven. But these albums have a lot of integrity in honoring the artists. They sound amazing.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-21-2014 at 03:43 AM..