View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't blame Stevie for not wanting to record a new FM album. She's been pretty consistent since the 80s about her stance that recording with FM is a singularly off-putting experience. She just doesn't like it. Which is fair enough. But I agree that this waffling position of "oohhh I don't knowwww maybeee" is pretty charmless. It reminds me of about ten years ago whenever she was asked about putting out a new solo album, which we've now discovered she really had no intention whatsoever of doing at that time.

However, she's certainly not the only one to blame for the frustration here. The entire band clearly views the situation as very delicate, because this lineup has become so established and revered. They all wish things were different in some way or another, but what they do do satisfies each of them at least enough that they keep trucking along as they are. Nobody really wants to mix things up this late in the game. Band members can leave, and they can be kicked out, it happens all the time. But it's clear that neither of those things are going to happen here.