View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a theory (and this is JUST my OPINION) but...

Stevie rushed to record and release 24KG before rehearsals to fulfill her final obligation with Warner Brothers. She's made it clear in interviews recently that she wants to be able to record more albums.

Fleetwood Mac does not have a contract with Warner Brothers anymore.

Could it be that she's holding out on telling the band she'll record a new album with them as a "negotiation tactic" with Warners?

Like, if this current tour ends, and Warner Brothers comes courting the band members with a new contract, could it be that Stevie is waiting to tell Warner Brothers, "Yes I will record a new album with Fleetwood Mac, but my terms in doing that requires a new contract with you for my future solo endeavors."

Warners knows a new Fleetwood Mac album WITHOUT Stevie wouldn't sell quite as much as it would WITH her on board. So maybe that's what her thinking is right now?

It's like she knows damn well she wants to record a new album with the Mac (and will), yet she's holding all her cards close and keeping quiet before "renegotiating" with Warner Brothers.

And like I said, just my opinion.

P.S. Oh, and I also agree that this current "cash grab" tour was a HUGE MISTAKE as well!

Last edited by sorcerer999; 11-13-2014 at 02:28 PM..