View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I love this. It's about Pittsburgh football realistic fans vs. optimistic fans. I want to kiss the writer for knowing about FM before Behind the Mask. We could apply the two points of view to our conversation here]

Realistic vs. optimistic fans in non-Steelers situations throughout history: The Spoof

By Anthony Defeo@Defeoman on Oct 15 2014, Behind the Steel Curtain

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ons-throughout

April 3, 1990, just days before Fleetwood Mac are set to release their first album without Lindsey Buckingham

Realistic Fleetwood Mac fan: I don't have a good feeling about Behind the Mask. And it's not just because Lindsey Buckingham is gone, either. I mean, who is Billy Burnette? Who is Rick Vito? Why even bother with a new album without such an integral part of what made your band so successful?

Optimistic FM fan #1: Excuse me? I didn't realize you could see into the future and that you were such an expert on music.

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah, do I really need to hear this kind of stuff right before their album is released? FM's music has been the soundtrack to my life for nearly two-decades, and Mick Fleetwood wouldn't have added Burnette and Vito to the band if he didn't think they were capable of generating the same success as when Buckingham was involved.

Optimistic FM fan #1: Totally. We should give it time before we write off this album. There are 13 songs to go! I'm excited about Burnette and Vito, and I think they can take FM to a whole new level! I look for this new album to equal or surpass the success of Rumours!

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah baby, 20 million copies! That's what we do around here!