View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey kept saying that the EP songs (and the other recorded ones) would come out in one form or another, because that's what he wanted to happen.
As we all know, circumstances changed -- and, in a relatively short amount of time after 'EP' was released, Christine began making overtures about rejoining the band. I'm sure the second her comeback seemed like a very real possibility, the idea of releasing more of the Mitchell Froom tracks, beyond those on 'EP,' got put on the back-burner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Stevie never concurred and her silence ended up being prophetic then. So, I think it means something now.
That's not entirely true -- Stevie mentioned in some of the TV interviews prior to the start of the 2013 tour, that she was open to recording and releasing a couple songs here and there, but was still unsure about recording a full album.

Either way, I still don't believe her hesitance then is indicative of her feelings now. Whether she's bothered to publicly state that or not.

Things that are true in any given moment with this band, aren't necessarily true in the next. Twice now, we've been told by one member or another, that this particular line-up was "never getting back together" -- and then it happened. There was a long period of time when Stevie doubted she'd ever record another solo album -- and then she did, twice. A few years ago, Mick didn't believe Fleetwood Mac would ever tour again -- and they've had two massive tours since.

Things change.