View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Sounds to me like she wanted to do something solo following last year's FM tour
Going by what she said at the time, she felt that Fleetwood Mac needed to tour, and then take three years off. I think this album came about when she thought Fleetwood Mac was going to take three years off.

Quote:
but then the Christine thing happened and her time was significantly cut short. So she called up Dave and asked how she could make a quick album.
Yep. We're on the same page thus far....

Quote:
If this was a contractual obligation we'd have heard about it.
Like when Lindsey said that reason Stevie wasn't in the studio with the others is because she had other commitments?

Quote:
Like when Weird Al put out his latest album and they mentioned in all the articles and interviews that it completed his recording contract.
Because Weird Al is part of something bigger than himself, like Stevie is with Fleetwood Mac?

Quote:
We've heard no such thing from anybody that suggests she was forced to do this and that she did it for any other reason other than she wanted to do it.
Sure. She totally wanted to do an album of songs that had previously been leaked in demo form on YouTube, THAT SHE FOUND ON YOUTUBE, do it faster than ANY album she's ever done in her 41 year recording career, all while the woman she offered $5 million to rejoin Fleetwood Mac to actually rejoined Fleetwood Mac. I guess you're right. Even by Fleetwood Mac's standards more ridiculous things have happened.

Quote:
Considering she went a whole ten years without making an album on the same contract I doubt her record label is all that demanding on the timing of her releases.
Maybe she did it so that she didn't have to worry about the contract at all? You know, so she could focus the next however many years focusing on Fleetwood Mac and having that behind her.

Quote:
And I seriously doubt her record label would be force her to release an album knowing she couldn't promote it. She's still under contract and she's still going to make albums in the future. This was her decision.
Maybe, but right now, she has an album she's promoting while also promoting the return of Christine McVie. I commend her for that juggling act, but she still at least owes the label the chance to have this album be her sole focus in terms of immediate releases. Muddying things up with potential future releases right now makes no sense. We might want it, but it makes no sense right now.

Quote:
Again, she doesn't have to make a huge announcement. It would probably just come out at a meet and greet with Mick and quickly pass until the time comes that they're actually working on the album. You're making up issues that don't exist.
From experience of seeing things like this first hand, even something as innocuous as a roadie mentioning an album can quickly blow up on the internet. I know from having spent the last four years in the business, up close and about as personal as it gets.

THE Stephen Hopkins