View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
1. Stevie Nicks is still probably the biggest star of Fleetwood Mac. Could the band do it without her? Yeah, probably. The days of the hits are over (more a statement about the industry than the band), so it doesn’t really matter. Don’t think that they don’t all realize that at this point. But, I also think that they need to do at least one, probably two, more albums with that lineup. THAT’S Fleetwood Mac to most people, and to themselves. To NOT have another album with those five when they’re all active in the industry would be absurd. NONE of them want to be the hold-out, including Stevie.

2. I think Stevie WILL to do another Fleetwood Mac album, but she can’t exactly say that when she’s promoting her latest solo album (an album of demos most fans already had that was recorded in a couple of weeks) while also being on tour with Fleetwood Mac (i.e. NOT promoting the album as a solo artist). Management wants to please labels who invest in artists, even in today’s limited music buying market.

3. Mick couldn’t even shut up about Christine coming back. Not that he needed to. We all figured out it was actually going to happen by that point. But, you know they wanted to make the announcement on the Today show, not at a Mick Fleetwood Island Blues Band or whatever show in Hawaii, a couple of months before the official announcement.

4. Given THIS, of course Stevie’s not going to formally, or informally, commit to a Fleetwood Mac record while still promoting a solo album. How effing stupid would that be? Every word she speaks to the press right now has to come back somehow on her album THAT’S ACTUALLY out. That’s a simple management move that is completely understandable.

5. Am I the only one studying the chemistry between them? Stevie is CLEARLY happy being with those people. She probably agreed to do a solo album very early in last year’s tour, not expecting Christine would actually rejoin the band.

6. I’m not the biggest Stevie fan in the world (I wanted a Christine-Billy ONLY album, to be honest, because their voices sound amazing together), but I refuse to see drama where I seriously doubt it exists. Stevie’s being more than a team player in my eyes. Most in her position would at least make the band do a few songs from the new album that’s actually out right now. She hasn’t done that. She’s being a team player. She could have easily prevented this tour from happening, but didn’t, precisely because she wants this, a full “classic” Fleetwood Mac reunion, to happen as much as the rest of us.
I'm not getting why making a commitment to do a FM album has anything to do with her solo album. Her solo album is already done and out. You seem to emphasize this conflict and I just don't see it. Making such a commitment to the band doesn't interfere with her promotional efforts for the solo album in any way (which are minimal anyway) as any recording sessions and especially album release are a long long way off.

Also, Stevie made it clear that she decided to do a solo album when she realized she had a few months off earlier this year before tour rehearsals.

And just because she's gung ho for the tour doesn't mean she's game for doing an album. There hasn't been any indication that that's something she really wants to do. Touring and recording are completely different things.

It doesn't sound like something a team player would do when the other 4 people want an album and are already well underway on one and, whether she wants to or not, the band feels they still need to convince her to do it. Leaving them hanging like that is not team player behavior.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 10-14-2014 at 10:45 PM..