View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may have a point. I agree with her when she had qualms with Lindsey's production on Say You Will. He killed some of the songs on that album with overproduction: Bleed to Love Her, Say Goodbye, even Red Rover. Sometimes another producer/sound engineer, whoever that may be, is a good thing and gets a discussion going. Get Pharrell from The Voice, Stevie, I hear he's a huge fan...he'll get you on the radio again and modernize your sound...lol. Also what is their objective? Do they want to sound adult contemporary/easy listening? Do they want a concept for the album and songs that support that...or will this just be accumulated songs? Even as the industry has moved away from albums, a single concept works better and gets everyone in the band in the same mindset, if that is even possible with FM. Stevie in the studio has made great contributions, adding her vocals, lyric suggestions, The Chain.

Also Stevie might be holding up because she's scared the album sales will reflect poorly on the band. How did the EP do last year? I think this is weighing on her mind, as she has commented publicly on her sales for In Your Dreams and not being too thrilled about it. She may also honestly not have songs ready that are good enough. When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?