View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Sure sounds that way, doesn't it? I have a sneaking feeling this upcoming album will be the last, though. Stevie just doesn't seem to be interested in that aspect of Fleetwood Mac anymore. However, I still see the band continuing touring for the next 5-10 years so long as their health permits it.

I do have to wonder if Richard Dashut has some inside information we aren't privy to, though. The scenario that keeps running through my mind is Richard is saying this will be the last tour because of John's health. Just think about it- if John's cancer was terminal, John would absolutely NOT want a fuss made about it. He'd want to do one last tour with Christine, then retire out of the public eye. This would also explain Christine's sudden unexpected return to the band. I truly, truly hope I'm way wrong on this of course.
That’s not at all how I see it. I agree that Stevie wasn’t interested in doing another Fleetwood Mac album, but that was another Fleetwood Mac album without Christine. I think Stevie’s three year plan last year was to finish the Fleetwood Mac tour, do a solo tour, make a solo album, do another solo tour, and go back on the road with Fleetwood Mac. But then Christine came back. That’s why she rushed to finish an album of leaked demos while Christine was getting reacclimated to being in Fleetwood Mac. Stevie wasn’t blowing off Fleetwood Mac, she was fulfilling her solo obligations so she could dedicate the next undetermined number years to the band. Now that Christine’s back and Stevie’s obligations have been met, on with the show.

As far as John’s health impacting Christine’s decision, if anything, it solidified an idea she had been toying with for two years. Christine wanted the camaraderie and to be making music again with her old bandmates before she ever got on the plane to Maui, to be sure. She just apparently didn’t know how to tell them she wanted back in, and still wasn’t completely sure she was ready to for that type of commitment. I see John’s diagnosis as being her wake-up call, her Ghost of Christmas Future, and made her realize that she couldn’t pussy-foot around if she wanted back in (hence the interviews where she said she'd come back, if they'd ask her).

THE Stephen Hopkins