View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Fleetwood Mac's setlist is different from the 2013 tour. According to the set from tumblr, 7 songs this tour were not played in 2013.

From 2012-2014, The Rolling Stones may not have performed the same set every night but they always play 16 warhorse songs every night and 3 change every night. If you're a hard core fan...you can guess the 3 other songs they're going to play because they're not surprises.

I like the set on tumblr. I just wish Hold Me and Over My Head were going to be performed.
I'm really glad someone finally said it about the Stones. I love them, but go to one of their fan sites (iorr.org is the one I frequent), and you will see the exact same bitching about the setlist selections/sequencing/song arrangements as you do here. And they went from doing 23 songs during their 5 "50th anniversary" shows in NYC and London to 19 during the "14 on Fire" tour this year.

Fleetwood Mac isn't alone in their unwillingness to break the mold. For every Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan, there is a Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, or Rolling Stones. I just enjoy it for what it is and don't have any expectations at this point that they are going to drop The Chain/Dreams/Rhiannon/Say You Love Me/Big Love/Landslide/You Make Loving Fun/GYOW/Don't Stop in lieu of Frozen Love/IDWTK/Seven Wonders/Over and Over/Book of Love/That's Alright/As Long As You Follow/Family Man/Warm Ways.