View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm confused- you are angry they aren't playing old standards, but you're angry they aren't doing new material. You want them mired in the past, yet you don't want them mired in the past. Got it.

Let's look at their track record for a moment- they performed 1/3 of the Say You Will album during that tour. They performed 1/2 of the EP last year. For a "legacy act" that's actually not too shabby. Their new music output definitely IS shabby, though. As are these cash grab tours with mostly stagnant setlists.

I will also admit I am sad they didn't even say anything about Bob's passing onstage, much less do one of his songs. But I have a feeling the litigation Bob & his widow had with the band played a part in that decision. Who knows what the terms of that settlement were? Could the band have been forbidden to perform any songs written by him? Or perhaps Wendy Welch threatened legal action if the band even said anything about Bob onstage- she certainly could have threatened libel, or demanded a cut of tour profits if they performed a Welch tune. I could see why the band may want to just wash their hands of such risks.
It's LONG overdue that they give Rumours a rest...pick one song each to play and leave it at that. (YMLF, GDW, GYOW) Enough already. They really only play songs from 3 albums...FM75, Rumours & Tusk. They have 20+ albums of material to play...get CREATIVE with the set list. THAT's what I'm pissed about.

From all I've heard (this is from Bob himself) is that Bob & band reconciled somewhere around 2003 or thereabouts. Maybe that didn't include Christine, though. And, really who cares if the audience hasn't HEARD a song before....that's the effing POINT of concerts, to introduce your audience to things...if they wanna hear the hits, just buy the albums & stay home.