View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
You're being naïve. Life goes on. I never saw the Beatles or Cream, but do I whine about it? No. Yes, you're lucky to see the Fireflies, but some/most? have seen them numerous times, the idea for CREATIVE people is to keep moving forward and let your audience catch up, not SERVE the audience. That's not creative, that's nostalgic bullsh*t. Sure, there's time & place for honoring an entity's legacy, but that's not what Fleetwood Mac has done for the last, oh, 17 years. Once Lindsey & Stevie returned in '97, it's been nothing but nostalgic bullsh*t. At least, with new personnel there was creativity. They've done nothing but jump on the Rumours hype bandwagon and stay there for eternity. It is crap, it was crap, it'll always BE crap. Stinking smelly CRAP!

With all the old bands I have seen, I'm always really annoyed when they throw new stuff in their set, I don't want to see the new stuff, I want their classics. I saw Crosby Stills & Nash a month ago and they had a couple new songs but did not play Suite Judy Blue Eyes. I would have been much happier seeing Suite Judy Blue Eyes and cut the new songs.

Also, these bands should be serving the audience with these ticket prices, I paid $1050 for two 8th row floor seats. Fleetwood Mac better play what I want to see.

To each his own I guess. I prefer the nostalgia acts.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 09-15-2014 at 02:35 PM..