View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now before I post this, let me say that I adore this band to this day. I check this website, facebook, twitter, instagram every day even to get the slightest new tidbit on the band and what they are up to. I IDOLIZE them and I will until their final days.

BUTTTTT

Fleetwood Mac no longer sounds like Fleetwood Mac. This has nothing to do with their ability to play and sing. This isn't an issue. It's their complete and utter relucatance to change anything in the slightest. Even Lindsey Buckingham, my idol, the one who I thought put Stevie to shame with his onstage diversity has become stale. That "So Afraid" solo hasn't changed in 10 years.

The Chain, Gypsy, So Afraid, GYOW, Don't Stop, Rhiannon, Landslide...everything is the same at each and every show, every note, every guitar lick. When they did "Say You Love Me" in 2009, I was ELATED because it sounded like FLEETWOOD MAC. I just wish, if they are going to play the SAME SONGS every time, they could change the arrangement. Hell, a new shawl from Stevie, or an extended guitar solo from Lindsey...ANYTHING.

I love them, I always will, I'll pay to go to every show that I can reasonably drive to, but it just kills me to see them do the same act, when they have so much potential. Gift of Screws, In Your Dreams, Lindsey's One Man Show (Stephanie/Rock Away Blind) were breaths of fresh air for FM fans. New songs on album and onstage. The thought of seeing another year of "Gypsy," "The Chain," and "So Afraid" with the same arrangement makes me a little sad. But I'm there for Christine, ill be there jumping up and down and screaming along to every word.