View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
There are a few instances in recordings of the Rumours lineup of Mac that we get a perfect balanced three part harmony from Buckingham Nicks and McVie. "Love In Store" is one of them and I love the beautiful harmony on the chorus ("Honey Hi" is another fine example of the shared harmony).

I've always considered "Mirage" to be one of THE MAC's finest underappreciated gems. I love the record and parts of it age very well, like a fine wine. Tracks like "That's Alright", "Only Over You", "Wish You Were Here", "Love In Store" and "Gypsy" have stood the test of time and still sound great 30 years later. The same CANNOT be said about later efforts such as "Tango" and "Behind the Mask"--those records sound very DATED to me.
I disagree a bit. "In The Back Of My Mind" could find its way on the country charts today. The same with "Stand On The Rock" and "When It Comes To Love." "Save Me," "Skies The Limit," and the other tunes would have the difficulty. "Freedom" could find its way out too as it sounds like another modern-day country song.

Hahaha, I think if BTM had been steered more toward the country charts (a la Taylor Swift going toward the pop ones,) it probably would've been more successful. (Note: I do not like Taylor Swift.)