View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For some reason I'd recently heard when he'd gotten through rehab. I much preferred his not-so-comedic/manic work myself, like Awakenings, but like Jim Carey he could often be too intense for me to enjoy. Was he manic-depressive? I'll never touch cocaine, ever, and been offered it so many times, but I dislike how anyone behaves on it. Not sure how much of a role it specifically may have played for him. Probably felt badly about himself in relation to it I'm sure. I used to hate on myself when I couldn't quit something in the past.

I remember Jonathan Winters in a Twilight Zone (or a similar show) as the ghost of a pool hustler and was amazed. You think of Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason and wonder how many comedians could/can be great dramatically as well... Zero Mostel in The Beard... can anyone say they really knew the very talented Mr. Williams? I'd have liked to have seen a lot more of the actor. And I liked Mork & Mindy in the late '70s (and have a beloved stuffed kangaroo named after Mindy, not that anyone should care).

So sad.