View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

O.K. I really love Keith Richards- his freaky voice, the familiar sound of his guitar riffs, the songwriting and just the way he is. I love his solo albums even more than the Stones albums, especially the great "Talk is cheap". But if you can say anything about him- he surely isn't a great guitarist per se. (talking of technical abilities and of his live performances with a lot of "mi****s" and wrong playing) As I said I love him but he's truly not number 10 on a list like this. That's really ridiculous and disqualifies the whole attempt of RS magazine to put this list together. Btw it's ludicrous to publish such a thing in such a detailed way anyway without objective aspects. As if you could evaluate slight differences and as if there were measurable facts! What is the difference between number 17 and number 18? Or number 76 and number 82? Did number 17 win the tiebreak in the 5th set? Or was 76 winner by golden goal or sudden death? Have they made a secret competition? Did they organize some kind of trials? Playoffs with Best of 7? Number xyz holds the fastest time in 2003 and is favourite but number 51 is still the world record holder from 1983 and may successfully get back after practicing hard in the high and thin air of Flagstaff and in Switzerland or Austria... Let's forget about it- it`s not worth it!
Stefan

Last edited by stefan; 08-30-2003 at 01:10 AM..