View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm. Touring major 18,000 seat arenas OR outdoor amphitheaters (SHEDS). I saw Stevie Nicks at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on the In Your Dreams Tour in 2011. It is an outdoor amphitheater in Houston, Texas and there were about 4,900 people there. In fact, the lawn seating (which holds like another 7,000 people) was not even opened. This year, The Mac will play the Toyota Center in Houston which holds about 19,300 and the show is SOLD OUT.

Granted, I guess the profits are different because, as part of THE MAC, Stevie gets a smaller percentage than touring solo. I heard Mick Fleetwood say that Stevie earns a hell of a lot more money touring with THE MAC. But, alas, I guess its really not all about the money for Stevie. She has plenty. In my heart, I really think she PREFERS touring and working solo at this point in her career. NOTE: I also think she REALLY DID NOT EXPECT CHRISTINE TO RETURN. THIS REALLY THREW A LOOP IN HER PLANS. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's happy about Chris, but at the end of the day, I think she'd just rather work alone. I don't think she's as ecstatic about the upcoming tour as she would have some believe.