Thread: The Gay Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Date was a complete disaster, it's amazing how someone can be so charming over messages and then have the personality of a cardboard cut-out in person. So disappointing. Thankfully he realized that there was "no spark" so... don't have to go there again.

I only have two gay friends, a couple about 12 years older than me, but things aren't always entirely platonic. The majority of my friends are straight lasses, but I have a couple of straight guy friends too. I just don't tend to get along with other gay guys in a social standing. We always end up just... not getting along.
Urgh, that sucks!!
The worst date I ever had was with a guy I had been chatting to for quite a while. Months, even. He was very charming and very dashing. He lived a few towns away, but not far. One day, he text to say he was in my town and could he call in and say hi, just to break the ice. "Why not", I thought. So he turned up and I got t'kettle on (being in t'north and all). He WAS charming and dashing. But he had the worst BO I have ever smelt on another person. It was AWFUL. It was so bad, I had to put the cushion covers from the sofa in the washing machine where he'd been sat just to shift the smell.

Thankfully, that was 5 years ago now and happy to report I finally found my prince charming. We've been together for a year and we moved in together in May - 2 homo's and a cat called Gypsy. Puurrrfect.

The only gay movie I've ever seen was "Beautiful Thing". Oh, and "Prick Up Your Ears", but that's not really a "gay movie". I do love the original british "Queer As Folk" series though. That was really the first time that the UK gay scene had been shown for exactly what it was at the time - filthy, dirty, sorded, cheap...but fabulous. It was so amazingly accurate and real.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 07-08-2014 at 04:39 AM..