View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

To the best of my knowledge, Jeremy Spencer is the last one who is still active on the Ledge. Ken Caillat used to post on here from time to time, but his participation seemed to drop off after he wrote his book. Bob Welch was a member until his death; his wife was very active until her recent banning. Dave Stewart joined a few years back, but never posted.

We've had lots of great Q&A sessions, but most of those folks never joined the Ledge (that I know of):

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...d=28&Itemid=42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
This forum is essentially full of die-hard fans who(somewhat) know Fleetwood Mac better than they know themselves. It's ground central for anyone who wants to check the pulse of their constituency.

On the (likely wrong) assumption that they would even want to put together a revamped set list,with an entirely new order, featuring songs they have never or rarely performed, or recasting well-worn songs, this would be the best place to get ideas! Ledgies have a plethora of interesting and viable ideas.
There is no doubt in my mind that what goes on at the Ledge gets passed on to the band. Back in late 2001 Ken Caillat did a Q&A, and I asked him about Smile At You. The song then ended up appearing on Say You Will. Ledge members used to decry the absence of Sara & Sisters Of The Moon in the setlist, and both songs have been brought back. Ledgies used to fawn over how they'd never hear deep cuts like Storms or Beautiful Child live... they have both been performed now. Fans used to wish Stevie (for instance) would perform at small venues. During the In Your Dreams tour, Stevie booked 2 such shows, but only ended up performing at one (due to illness). I could go on... but I feel it's safe to say the Ledge is used to mine information for the band.