View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Whole lotta trouble was recorded as a demo first using some of I call you missing during RAL
One adjustment -- "Whole Lotta Trouble" was written in Australia early in 1986, after 'Rock A Little' was released.

Karma has an excellent point that it (along with the original "Love Is Like A River") still could have been meant as a companion piece to "I Call You Missing," however -- rather than having evolved from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
And, actually, I don't subscribe to the idea that Love Is Like A River or Whole Lotta Trouble evolved from I Call You Missing. I tend toward the belief that all three were conceived as separate songs, possibly meant to be companion pieces, and just happened to share lyrics - much like Enchanted and Destiny, both written and recorded for The Wild Heart album.
The final, 'Street Angel' version of "Love Is Like A River" is an interesting beast. Perhaps, as you said, it's not a true evolution, but it's certainly an amalgamation of the original "LILAR" and "ICYM." I would love to know when Stevie decided to combine them, and how that came about. Had they already been joined together in the years before 'Street Angel,' or was that done specifically for the album?