View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hi All,
Been a huge Mac fan since my parents played Tango in the Night to death in the car when I was a kid. Still cant get my head around the indifferent feeling there seems to be towards Tango by many on these boards- for me its the ultimate album. Looking forward to contributing to the Ledge having visited off and on for a while now. A guess Christine is my fave; the likes of Why, Come a Little Bit Closer and Wish You Were Here are just epic.
I agree with you about Tango. I think it is sort of the '80s version of Rumours- it's such a tight, polished album with lots of cohesion & high quality songs. Like Rumours, I think the quality of the music was born out of the absolute chaos going on while the album was being recorded. This band seems to make the best music when the sky is falling down upon their heads.

Glad to hear you like Wish You Were Here, too. I think it's a highly unappreciated ballad. Welcome aboard!