View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Someone referenced Carole Lombard in a thread and I wanted to comment on it, but I lost the location of the thread.

EHH! Anyway, I wanted to respond by saying that I'm a big fan of Carole, and absolutely get the visual relation she kind of has to Stevie. In her era she was a little ahead of her time. I can imagine if she lived in this present time, not only would she have a similar look as Stevie, she would have the same strong and quirky qualities that Stevie emobodies.

Had I been alive during her unfortunate and untimely death I would have been devastated. Poor Clark Gable never got over it. Twice he married women who sort of looked like her, but could never fill her shoes And Stevie? No one could ever fill her shoes, or should I say boots?

Yes .I agree 100 percent.Gone to soon at 33 .I love Carole and the first time that I seen her Stevie came to mind.I see the same thing as you said .She's a natural beauty and a great actress.If she lived on .She would even discover television in her later years .

I've read that Lucille Ball was a big fan of hers.As we know Lucy made it big in TV.

Yes poor Clark.His heart was broken and he left us to soon at 60.I felt so sorry what he had to go through.

Yes nobody today could fill Carole's shoes.Stevie's boots .I hope I'm not here to find that out.

I just love watching her movies and also enjoy the other great actors in the movie.

Just think the great actors that she worked with.Who's who and almost everybody in the golden Hollywood movie era.

I just love old movies.

I probably was the one that mentioned Carole's name somewhere on here.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016