View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Normal cigarettes long-term would do just as much damage (to her voice) let's be frank. She smoked for a long time and I would not be surprised if she still lights up a few times a week, or more, to this day.

Musicians generally do enjoy a ciggie. Sometimes a joint too. Sometimes worse, as we know, but hey I reckon if they were doing anything worse than pot still...it would definitely show on stage in awful performances and whiny vocals.

Some of it is just age too
I agree.I know she said she quit smoking but I don't think she did,or,I should say,she didn't remain a non - smoker.There have been many triggers for her in these past couple of years that could strongly influence her in that department- the death of her mother,death of her godson,and DS smokes (I think he's smoking something in their video).And of course we can't go by what we see her doing when she's out and about-she would never do it in public.I think the coke would f..k up her voice more than the cigs. But she did say in one interview that she hasn't done any HARD drugs since Betty Ford-I guess pot (and other stuff in Stevie's rule book)only qualify as SOFT drugs But it's all good...