View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To me, Stevie reviving a demo that old just shouldn't be done. I don't think she did any favors by resurrecting Smile At You, The Tower (Goodbye Baby), or Lady From The Mountain (Moonlight). All those songs either lost their original potency, sound silly with an older woman singing a young woman's songs, or just plain aren't relevant. Plus to me, the Dealer is more of a classic Stevie solo song than a Mac one.

The one older demo that comes to mind which could be brought into the 21st century is If You Were My Love. Still, after the way some of her other old demos turned out after their 21st century transformations, I'm not sure I even wish for that.
Entirely agreed re Smile At You, but I very much like Goodbye Baby, and absolutely adore Moonlight - - indeed, I think it's one of Stevie's strongest songs since Wild Heart. I'd love to hear an updated, fully produced version of If You Were My Love, and also of All The Beautiful Worlds. I'd also love for Stevie to record The Dealer, but agree that it would be most appropriate for a solo album. No matter what, at this point, with still more than 5 months to go until the tour, I'm thrilled that Stevie's (supposedly/hopefully!) in the studio recording.