View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If Dave *IS* involved, it's nothing that's not been talked about before between members of the band...

From 2009:

How far along are you in planning a new Fleetwood Mac album?
We aren't far along in any specific sense. My mantra is to work on my dynamic with Stevie. She was a little uncomfortable when we got on the road last time, for whatever reason. Part of it was that she missed Christine, part of it was that I was getting 50 percent of the face time onstage and she wasn't used to having a guy get all that space. I think it threw her context out a little. So this time around I am very much wanting to make everyone as comfortable as possible and have that be the most important thing. But we have discussed, when this tour is done, going into the studio. The only specific we know is that we are leaning toward finding an outside producer. I think it would help to have an overviewer. It was pretty hard taking the reins last time. Not so much with the music but with the band politics.

Have any producers in mind?
We had a short list, but I have no idea. We've talked about everyone from Daniel Lanois to Dave Stewart to Rick Rubin. That pretty much runs the gamut of approaches. We have to meet with a few people and see how it feels.

Still amused by Dave actually calling in to talk to Lindsey (when he did his Rockline interview) about the SnL/Dave and Annie parallel back in 2008, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"