View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post

(Let me preface this following statement with I am a huge stevie fan and have been since the early 70's) Stevie's behavior the last two years or so strikes me as really odd....the lack of caring about how she is dressed, the stupid aviator glasses that makes her look like a special needs child, and the more thoughtless than usual statements that are coming out of her mouth....I have always blamed her assistant Karen for not handling her correctly; I also view Karen's presence as a dark spirit that surrounds and consumes Stevie in a very bad way....but now I worry about early stages Alzheimer's, dementia or something similar...whatever is going on with her just doesn't sit right....something is wrong....I see something, I just can't put my finger on exactly what it is.
I don't think Stevie is saying anything stranger or more thoughtless than what she has always said. The fact that, IF she did say that to Sheryl she didn't want it repeated shows that she is aware of public impression. I don't see anything wrong with saying that in private to a friend, even if the opinion is misguided. Plus, the whole way she handled the Sheryl/Mother's Day issue was an elaborate attempt to put a cordial face on Sheryl's severing ties with the band. I think she is good with public relations, when she wants to be.

As far as her appearance, well for one thing, Margi just designs some ugly, unflattering stuff: like that outfit with the arm cut outs. It emphasized all the wrong things and I blame Stevie for not seeing that, but I blame Margi more.

BUT I also think that Stevie makes some choices based on physical limitations and I support those. She may be wearing a knee brace that she has to cover sometimes. She may have eye problems. I know I was far-sighted for years and contacts solved all my problems, but now I am far-sighted AND near-sighted. So, I wear my old contact lenses, but sometimes I have to wear the magnifying glasses too.

My mom wears glasses, but still can't drive when it's night time. Maybe the stage lights do something to Stevie's eyes and that's what the aviators are for.

She seems to have something wrong with her fingers. She may have to wear some kind of brace or girdle that gives her hip support that her clothes have to accommodate. And of course, there are her feet.

Linda Ronstadt might not have wanted to go to the RRHOF anyway, but if she didn't go because she was physically unable, that just shows us everything that Stevie is able to do with ease. Most women her age can just go to the grocery store in stretch polyester. She can't and I think she's doing a good job.

Michele