View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
What concerns me is that there has been no talk of Stevie giving the band any demos to tinker with or anything. Sounds like Lindsey's songs are completely done- now they're noodling with Christine's. It just seems like it'd be beneficial for Stevie to give them something to work with while they're in this early crafting stage, you know?

Plus, I just thought Stevie would want to be more involved this time, I guess. Seems she'd want to be there for the return of Chris, if nothing else. All of this is just reminiscent of the way Tango was recorded- Lindsey's songs were basically done alone; Christine's came later; then Stevie's were hurriedly tacked on at the end. Tango was a stellar album, don't get me wrong- but I guess I was hoping for Stevie to be a bit more involved this time.
I think Stevie will drop in while they're working on Christine's songs, but will only stay when it comes time to work on her own and to record harmony vocals with Christine and Lindsey for their songs. And, really, that's all she's needed for. Otherwise, she'll be sitting around twiddling her thumbs while Chris & Linds work.

As for Stevie's songs... I'm thinking maybe Stevie might have some stuff that's much more fleshed-out that she intends to offer, and wouldn't require Lindsey to build from the ground-up. Maybe some material that's been recorded in the past (e.g. "If You Were My Love") or that she's already worked out an arrangement for with Dave Stewart.