View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Not sure if I agree it evolved...I know Lindsey comments regarding Christine in the past were a little sharp, but that's the way he talks. Depending on his mood at the time he's being interviewed he can be very blunt and not pull any punches or be very philosophical and sweet. It's just the way he is, it's the way he's always been.
Yes, depending on his mood. In my view, his mood was scorned. There are things Lindsey says when he's angry that he doesn't when he's not. He can be blunt, but he exercises diplomacy. Just as we've seen with Stevie, he says some things when he's not trying to ingratiate himself with her that he wouldn't when he is.

If he wasn't bitter when Christine left, I don't think he would have made some of the comments that he did. And I interpreted his comments the same way I interpreted hers about him after he left.

It doesn't even matter if they felt the comments are true or not. My point is, they wouldn't say them if they weren't a bit angry, even if they'd always believed them secretly. Both Christine and Lindsey seemed to exhibit "sour grapes" behavior in the wake of the other's departure.

It's like Stevie saying that she and Lindsey let it all out in 1987, everything they'd held back in case they might get back together was thrown out in the big fight. I think jabs were made when Christine left that said to me that he wasn't as happy to have 30% more room as he kept saying he was.

Plus, I think the vibe felt like even Stevie was a little miffed at Christine for awhile. There was a petulance, 'well, if that's what Christine wants, that's what she gets'. A sense that everyone felt a little rejected.

Michele