View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
One of Christine's best friends is Mick Fleetwood. They go way back, too. (The point being that I'm sure whatever issues she's had with Dave are her's alone.)

Steve Winwood and Jim Capaldi reformed Traffic and didn't include Dave Mason. One would think that she'd take Dave's side on that, because it would mean that he wouldn't have the time to be in Fleetwood Mac.
He was "homeless" in that he doesn't have his own place, but he's on the road so much, he doesn't see the point. The reason he was staying with Mick at the time was because Jim Kruger, his guitarist and musical partner since 1974 (and writer of "We Just Disagree") died. Dave was trying to figure out his next step.

At the same time, Fleetwood Mac was listening to audition tapes, none of which were inspiring Mick. Mick's first choice was Jerry Lynn Williams, but he said no. Per the story Mick and Dave have said, Mick jokingly made the comment, "if I can't find somebody soon, I'm just going put you in the band" and Dave said "I'd love to be in the band."
There's probably a reason why they didn't include Dave....knowing that reason, Christine probably thought "Why have him if they don't want him?"