View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Thankfully, that banter goes away after the return of one songbird...
i'm happy we won't have 10 minute rambling in the middle of the set, yeah. but a little bit a banter here and there is always welcomed, as far as i'm concerned - as long as it doesn't take the place that can be used for 2 songs instead, when there are so many songs we want to hear them play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Yes, I remember reading that when it was originally posted. My reference to that part of the video( when after saying the you have to take my girlfriend too part, he looks over at Stevie, ponders for a moment, then asks, "And where did that get me?") came to mind when I read your comment about Lindsey finally growing up,being over it, done.
you seem to imply that what i wrote and that specific line are contradictory - can you clarify why?

most other times LB says "it worked out ok!" considering huge success the band had with both of them joining. what does he mean by turning it around and joking "where did that get me?" -maybe that he might have been better off if he didn't bring her to FM with him? maybe career-wise he'd be more successful if only he joined? or on a personal level, they wouldn't have to deal with all the old relationship baggage for decades after? idk.

he changed his line a bit and that's fun, i'm not sure there has to be some deep meaning to it. there was also that other time when he said "it wasn't looking good for ya, was it?" when she's talking about being a cleaning lady going nowhere before joining FM.

it's also funny because every time he says something a bit different she seems to be a bit caught off guard, but after initial surprise she just goes back to whatever she was gonna say anyway.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"