View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Interesting comments from all! It does seem that CM’s return, and being able to work with new material from CM and SN, is creatively interesting/exciting for him.
or more accurate, people here think that it is? (although i do agree, for the most part.)

i think working with SN in a creative and peaceful way, with Mick and John there to complete the FM, was interesting to him also, and that's what he wanted to do since 2009. but SN was not interested in that, so.... . i'm happy he' and Christine will get a chance to collaborate again. which takes me to your next point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
chance he had wanted, that SN I guess denied him on the last go-round, to ‘prove’ that he too can, similar to IYD/Dave Stewart, provide a good studio experience - joyous, spontaneous, collaborative, fun (unlike the stressy DR, which, as you say, was a massive undertaking).
So, was thinking on some level, there could be just a sprinkling of the same old same old motivation, on his part anyway - LB and SN continuing in their kind of challenge and response mode to prove something to each other??
why does he have to prove this? do we know he has not had good collaborative experiences in the past? he and Christine seemed to be able to work nicely together and respect each others' knowledge and opinions, from the start. other people, outside of FM, that he's worked with over the years, whether as a producer or collaborator, loved him. why are we so ready to automatically jump to the conclusion that he is the [only] one to blame in this LB-SN weird lifetime of push-pull working relationship that always seems to be bogged down by their interpersonal issues?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"