View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This guy on another forum may have answered the stereotype question posed on this one:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...389&page=8#353

Bands That You Don't Get the Appeal Of:

The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and any Fleetwood Mac song not written by or featuring Stevie Nicks. I'm not saying that bands have to be virtuosos or anything, but these groups have barely any chops and don't make up for it other ways.

The Doors were pretty amateurish, but they made it work with Morrison's charisma, Manzarek's soloing, and having their own sound. The Beatles weren't Cream or anything, but they made it work with amazing song writing, harmonization, and versatility.

Eagles/Steve Miller/Fleetwood Mac: I just don't get it, there's nothing there. They aren't great musicians, write boring lyrics, and their subject matter is generic. Peaceful, Easy, Feeling sounds like it was written and performed by a 1st grader on Recess break. Rocking Me Baby, cool intro aside, is completely one note and features almost no instrumentation. And don't get me started on Christine McVie: soulless, cheesy, bland (see You Make Loving Fun or Say You Love Me).
Ah, yes, this old line. Well, well. One man's soulless is another man's sublime, after all.

Stereotypes? A fan of the Mac is dull, probably spends weekends doing home improvements listening to a 70s station on digital radio and drinking warm beer. Frankly, I can think of worse fates...